APHASIA READERS: Dedicated to supporting those with aphasia, caregivers, and speech clinics around the globe.
Our Aphasia Readers books were designed as a supplementary recovery tool for adults with aphasia who want to practice reading aloud to improve speech.
Complete with six total themes, our first book is designed to relate to a person who is early on in their recovery journey.
This is our first book, but we plan to release two more very soon to give our readers a variety of topics and levels of practice. So hang tight! We're working very hard to get these books to you as we know it's a much-needed tool.
How to use our books:
- Practice the dialogue by yourself or with a loved one or friend
- Utilize the illustrations at the end of each session for writing practice
- Complete the customizable sections for a more personal type of practice that can be used in a community setting
- Practice one session a day or multiple depending on fatigue level
- Remember to recall practice phrases throughout your day
- Use the notes section at the end of each session for further writing practice or to organize your thoughts.
The spiral-bound structure allows for easy page turning for those with a weaker side.
Calming, soothing colorful illustrations to help the reader feel at ease while they practice.
Icons above certain words help to aid in word retrieval while practicing reading aloud.
We are passionate advocates for those without a voice. We believe in accessible and affordable supplemental speech resources to help those with aphasia recover and interact with loved ones.
This resource is wonderful in helping individuals with aphasia practice every phrase that would aid a person when at a restaurant, communicating with family, etc.
EXCELLENT READER FOR ADULTS WITH APHASIA!
My son has had aphasia since he was 18 years old. We have tried many self-help books and programs. This reader has been one of the best. It has the right word in it to help him with his speech. He has used this every day for a month now and it alone is helping him with his speech. He is looking for the next-level reader already! Good job to the author and thank you!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
My son-in-law uses the Aphasia Readers book and loves it! It has been very beneficial in his recovery. Great tool for adults with aphasia!